Monday, March 17, 2014

Here's the Dig.


Seeing as this is my first post I fig'r it might be pertinent to give you the scoop on what this blog is, and more importantly, what it isn't.


What this blog is not. 
  • A reference. I don't claim to know everything about any topic. Don't treat this blog as a end-all source of facts. I promise you that it's not. If I say something you find interesting, go look into it yourself. That's what I do, and trust me, it's better that way. 
  • A claim to greatness. I in no way anticipate this blog ever becoming "popular." It's simply a way for me to publish my thoughts. If you like what I have to say, let me know about it. If you don't, let me know about it. But seriously, this is not all that serious. 
  • A copy and paste wasteland. All the thoughts here are going to be original to me. Don't expect to find that my thoughts correlate with an existing body of knowledge. It's likely they won't. This doesn't upset me. My aim, here, isn't to publish scholarly knowledge about necessarily true things about the world. These are just my musings. 

What this blog is.

  • A catalogue of my thoughts for the world to see. I'm a big believer in the whole "iron sharpens iron" thing. I find that the thoughts I enjoy thinking most are those that I've presented to the world, in their unadulterated form, and had polished by the currents of others opinions, feelings, and knowledge. 
  • Introspection about my experiences, people, books, movies, etc.. In a similar vein as the above point, I find that I get the most out of my thoughts once they've been communicated to others. Not that others necessarily need to respond, but I get a lot out of simply "putting it out there."
  • A trade post. I'm really good at finding things I like and I really enjoy sharing those things with others who will appreciate them. I'm a promoter of sorts. Be prepared to barter. 

Some final notes. 
This blog isn't just for me. My existence is intimately united will all the other existences of the world. I take advantage of that. I love that. If you want to, do the same. 
I don't promise much. So, be aware of the following: I reserve the right to amend, exclude, or elaborate any of the things stated above.

Finally, happy reading! And I'm looking forward to your responses! 



No comments:

Post a Comment